to view more information:
Driving restrictions Slovenia
General driving restrictions
|trucks and combination vehicles with an MPW of more than 7.5t||► on Sundays, public holidays and non-working days from 08:00 to 21:00
► on Good Friday (3 April 2015) from 14:00 to 21:00
on all road sections listed below, in both directions:
1. Tunnel Karavanke – Ljubljana
2. Kranjska Gora – Nova Gorica
3. Korensko Sedlo – Podkoren – Lesce – Podtabor
4. Podtabor – Ljubljana
5. Ljubljana – Visna Gora - Bic – Pluska
6. Ljubljana – Obrezje
7. Sentilj – Trojane – Ljubljana (motorway)
8. Sentilj – Pesnica
9. Maribor – Ljubljana
10. Ljubljana ring
11. Ljubljana – Klanec (Motorway)
12. Ljubljana – Kozina – Klanec – Srmin
13. Skofije – Secovlje
14. Koper – Dragonja
16. Senozece – Fernetice
17. Sezana - Stanjel
18. Stanjel – Sempeter
19. Sezana – Divaca
20. Vipava – Vrtojba
21. Razdrto – Rozna Dolina
22. Postojna – Jelsane
23. Starod – Krvavi Potok
24. Skofljica – Petrina (Brod na Kolpi)
25. Karteljevo/Mackovec - Novo Mesto – Metlika
26. Celje – Dobovec
27. Slovenska Bistrica – Ormoz – Sredisce ob Dravi
28. Spuhlja – Zavrc
29. Hajdina (Ptuj) – Gruskovje
30. Pesnica - Lendava – Pince junction with Dolga Vas (Motorway and expressway)
31. Pesnica – Dolga vas
32. Petisovci – Dolnji Lakos
32. G Radgona – Most Cez Muro
33. Vic – Maribor – Hajdina (Ptuj)
34. Dravograd – Celje – Krsko
|Additional restrictions due to the technical characteristics of road:|
|1. R2-419, section 1205 Šentjernej - Križaj - II-7.1 (7.5 t), open to local traffic.
2. R1-210, section 1078 Škofja Loka - Jeprca - II-7.1 (7.5 t), open to local traffic and direction Železniki, Gorenja vas.
3. R1-210, section 1109 Kranj - Škofja Loka (from km 1.5 to the end of the section) - II-7.1 (7.5t), open to local traffic and direction Železniki, Gorenja vas.
4. R1-202, sections 0234, 0233 state border - Rateče - Podkoren - II-10.1, open to local traffic.
5. R1-201, sections 0202, 0203, 0204, 0205 Podkoren - Kr. Gora - Dovje - Kraje - Hrušica - II-10.1, open to local traffic.
6. R2-411, section 1428 Polica - Podtabor (from km 3.730 - to the end of the section).
7. R1-203, sections 1002, 1003, 1004 Predel - Bovec - Kobarid - II-7.1(7.5t), open to local traffic.
8. R1-201, section 201, Korensko sedlo - Podkoren, - II-10.2.
9. R1-210, sections 1105, 1106 Zg. Jezersko - Sp. Jezersko - Predvor - II-7.1 (7.5t), open to local traffic.
10. R3-638, section 1132 Begunje - Bistrica(Tržič) (km 0.050-to the end of the section)- II-7.1 (7.5t), open to local traffic.
11. R1-229, 1286 Rogoznica - Senarska - II-7.1 (7.5t), open to local traffic.
12. G1-5, section Celje - Krško, II-7.1 (7.5t).
|trucks and combination vehicles with an MPW of more than 7.5t||permanent||border crossing points of Secovlje, Socerga, Vinica, Rigonce and Gibina|
Summer driving restrictions
|trucks and combination vehicles with an MPW of more than 7.5t||
from the last weekend in June to the first weekend in September
► on all road sections listed above, in both directions:
1 The removal or towing of damaged or broken-down vehicles which are obstructing or endangering traffic. In such cases, only a company registered for this type of activity may move the vehicle to the nearest suitable place;
2 Humanitarian aid transport;
3 Emergency vehicles;
4 Transport operations in relation to the prevention or elimination of a direct threat to persons or property;
5 Transport operations in relation to the prevention or elimination of a major material loss or environmental contamination;
6 Vehicles used for urgent road maintenance or winter maintenance (e.g. sanding of roads);
7 Transport of mechanical equipment or building materials required for urgent road building or maintenance; the driver must be in possession of the relevant authorisation issued by the Slovenian motorway company (DARS);
8 Radio and TV vehicles if the aim of the transport operation is to provide information to the public;
9 Delivery of oil derivatives to petrol stations;
10 Transport of international peace-keeping forces;
11 Transport of national and international mail;
12 Vehicles involved in combined transport operations (rail or sea)
– vehicles travelling to a rail or ferry terminal if there is a possibility that by respecting the driving restrictions the vehicle would not arrive at the terminal in time; the driver must prove this by means of the relevant documentation;
– vehicles travelling from a rail or ferry terminal to the nearest border crossing, if the vehicle can complete the transport operation in the other country; the driver must prove this by means of the relevant documentation;
13 Transport of silvicultural or agricultural produce during the harvest season;
14 Transport of grain and hops to storage or drying facilities during the harvest season;
15 Transport of one-day old chickens;
16 Transport of milk;
17 The refrigerated transport of perishable goods;
18 Transport of fresh flowers;
19 Removal of waste;
20 Urgent removal of animal carcases or animal waste subject to the written approval of the veterinary authorities;
21 Transport of mobile disinfection units for hospital use.
Before the beginning of the restriction, drivers must immobilise their vehicles in suitable parking places at the roadside.
During the period of the restriction, foreign-registered vehicles of over 7.5t GVW or over 14m in length may not enter Slovenia, but should use the parking areas in the border zone.
In winter conditions, it is forbidden to drive combination vehicles, vehicles transporting dangerous goods, as well as exceptional loads. Even if these vehicles have the compulsory winter equipment, entry into Slovenia is not permitted while winter conditions prevail. This does not apply to vehicles registered in Slovenia if there is a suitable parking place at the border crossing allowing these vehicles to be removed from the traffic. It is the driver’s responsibility to stop at the first suitable off-road parking area until the roads have been cleared.
In the case of high winds, trucks, combination vehicles, buses and coaches are prohibited on certain road sections. These restrictions are signposted.